Random Acts of Love For You, For All
Try doing a few of the following every single day to help remain present and glowing your magnificent self:
- Forgive yourself for something. whether you feel guilty about saying but not completing your task list, eating that extra piece of chocolate, or something you feel is grander. Don’t beat yourself up. Remember, you’re awareness of this is the first action of change. Instead, watch your thoughts and the next time the desire comes up, BREATHE instead of execute.
- Forgive others. We don’t know what is happening in most people’s lives. It’s not about you. Instead, Smile and offer this person a complement or hold of up prayer for him/her to feel peace. We never know what is going on for others. Please don’t take their reaction to your being alive personally.
- Be extra kind to a stranger. Pay for the next person in line at the coffee shop anonymously. That way you can go about the rest of your day knowing that you not only did something kind that put a smile on someone’s face – you probably encouraged them to pass that kindness on down the line, and so on and so forth. Or even help someone put their groceries in their car, if they look like they’re struggling. Go out of your way to do something kind. It will become addictive.
- Sweat. Whether it is on your yoga mat, in a sauna, at the gym, running, etc. Do something energetic that makes you sweat! It releases toxins from your body, cleansing both inside and out, it’s great for your immune system, skin and pores. The more you sweat, the better you’ll feel afterward and the more you will glow.
- Smile. Turn the edges of your lips up near your ears! The very act of smiling can make you feel better. Sometimes you may have to force it, but just see what happens… Do it NOW!
- Volunteer. Giving your time, and your kindness, to a person, animal or group is a win-win situation.
- Tell a loved one how much you love them. Sometimes we forget, or we just assume they “know.” It will shift and deepen the relationship.
- Be patient. We have a short life and to get amped shortens it even more. Take a deep breath and remember we all have somewhere to be. You’ll get there.
- Don’t check your phone when tempted 2 times a day. Especially if you are with someone. Practice being here now with your phone out of your view.
- Take a hot bath with lavender. Enough said.
- Drink a cup of hot herbal tea. Add some locally sourced honey. It’s just so good for you.
- Cook. It feels good to cook your own meals, it’s better for you, and if you do it with family and friends, it feels even better.
- Play – Do something that makes you feel like a kid again. Stop and swing at the park, jump on a trampoline, rock forward and back 10+ on your mat, turn around in circles 21 times – It is freeing!
- Laugh. Be silly, laugh at yourself, laugh at others. Laugh at someone’s terrible jokes. Make someone else laugh. Laughter is healing!
- Sing. Sing along to your favorite song. Sing in the car, the shower, even in yoga class! Let that OMMMM chant really go this time! Feel it in the depths of your soul.
- Spend some extra time on your yoga mat. Take a pose and make it look like something you’d never see in a yoga magazine or in a yoga class. Keep playing with it until it feels great. Breathe there and give thanks for that amazing body of yours.
These are just a few things that can make your day – what makes you feel better? I wanna hear. I Love You & Namaste